8.12.2009

Farewell to Summer Vacation!







I always get a little wishy washy about the end of summer. I absolutely love summer and having the girls home. We have a very busy life and the slower days are a welcomed time to rejuvenate and spend some time together. By the end of summer I am ususally ready for them to go back, and they are too. We're ready for the routine and the girls miss their friends. They're bored despite all of my attemps to entertain them. And then after a few days of school I miss summer's slower pace and I miss my girls. This is the time that I always start to feel a little guilty about the times I didn't take them to the pool because I was tired of it, or yelled because I lost my patience. I rarely regret that my house was always a disaster (even though that frustrates me), or that we grilled burgers and hot dogs too much.
This week I have spent time getting the girls situated for school. We've been to open houses and orientations. We've met teachers and practiced opening lockers. They have their "first day of school" outfits picked out and their supplies are ready to go. This year my 4 girls are at 4 different schools, which is a little overwhelming to me. Lauren is a freshman, Mackenzie is starting at the Middle School, Ashtyn is in 1st grade, and Sierra is at a separate elementary school for her last preschool year. They are all excited for tomorrow and ready to go.


We took a little "end of the summer" trip last weekend and went to Six Flags. We had such a great time! The weather was perfect, the crowds were low, and we played until they closed.

We always love the water park after some time in the sun. The older girls run off to the big water slides and water coaster, and the little girls hang out in the little kid area. They had a great time on the "kid sized" water slides and play area. They have become such good friends this summer!




Ashtyn rode her first "big" ride too. She has always loved the little roller coaster, but the pirate ship was a big hit this time. Sierra wanted to give it a try too, but she wasn't tall enough.

Despite what the pictures may show, Lauren and Mackenzie did go on this trip with us. They were off by themselves most of the time riding the big roller coasters. I don't think they ever had to wait in line and they were good sports and spent some time with their little sisters too.

4 Comments:

Stacey said...

You took the words right out of my mouth. I have felt the same way lately. I know I will miss them like crazy since it'll be just me all day, all week. But there were definately days I was close to losing it on them. :) New friends, new experiences, and more await...

Your trip to Six Flags looked fun! Sounded like a great way to end the summer.

Stacey said...

P.S. I LOVE that pic of Sierra on the carousel. Its soooooo cute.

Devri said...

Sure they were there! lol jk

I am sad we didn't even get to go on our vacation because of my dumb cast and crutches! ps. i will get you your tutu sometime I proise once school starts!

Mia said...

Seriously so well said. I keep saying I am so excited for school to start, but there will be those days where I just wander around wondering what to do next. Thank goodness for Blake. Love the pictures!!!