I can't believe how long it has been since I have logged on and gotten caught up! We have been so VERY busy the last couple of weeks. I am happy to announce the end of the basketball season for Lauren's Middle School team! She has had a good time and has played well, but it has kept us hopping. This week alone she has had 4 games. She is playing in a tournament tonight and will be finished with the season if they lose. If they win, they will play ag
ain tomorrow. My little ones are so tired of sitting on bleachers, so for tonight's game I have hired a babysitter! Once you have one old enough to babysit, it's harder to pay someone to help you out. It will be a treat for my little girls--and me! I enjoy taking them to basketball games just about as much as they enjoy going. They have been good sports about it, but enough is enough!
Last weekend we had a visit from my sister and my best friend from High School. I picked them up at the airport Thursday evening and we went to a hockey game. Friday Mark took the day off to spend with my little girls so that Gretchen, Jennifer, and I could act like teenagers for a while. (Thanks honey, I love you!) We had a great time being carefree and not being controlled by a child's schedule. It was fun walking into a store and actually being able to look around rather than running in, snapping up what you went in for, and running out. We did spend some of the weekend watching indoor soccer and church basketball games, but that's fun too. Monday we went up to Nashville for a little sight seeing and then they had to go home on Tuesday. I hope we can do it again. I feel like I had a vacation, and I didn't go anywhere! I'll have to look into tickets home for my 20th High School Reunion this summer.
Yesterday was a hard day for me. I guess it's a good thing that I was busy, because I didn't allow myself time to dwell. I can't believe that it has been 6 years since I held my little boy! Somedays it just seems like forever, and others it feels like yesterday. I did take time to go out to the cemetery and to look at some pictures that I don't pull out very often. I try not to think about him too much, but it's good to remember too. Thank goodness I have my girls to love on when I'm missing Austin so much! I know that I have been blessed, even through the hardest of times.
2.22.2008
Time Flies When You're Having Fun
Posted by Kristen at 11:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 Comments:
Thanks for the fun update, Kristen. I really enjoy reading about your family! Glad you had a nice break and got to see Gretchen & Jennifer. How fun! Sorry about the 6-year anniversary. Mom's only been gone 3 months and it seems like an eternity-long nightmare. I can only imagine how much harder it must be when it is your child. Like you said, thank goodness for those 4 sweet girls that you can hug & squeeze! See ya!
Post a Comment