3.17.2008

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!

Sierra Riley Robertson
March 20, 2005
I can't believe it's been 3 years since this sweet, little baby joined our family! And yet when I look at her baby pictures I hardly remember her being so tiny. They just don't stay little nearly long enough! The older girls used to love to just sit and hold her and try to get her to smile. Now she just tags along with them and wants to do everything that they do. I guess the younger ones really do grow up faster, or maybe it's just that life is so busy with 4 that you don't have time to enjoy what little time you have to just sit and hold them!

Sierra was in such a hurry to come into this world and hasn't slowed down a bit! I had been in the hospital a couple of times with pre-term labor before she was born and had tried to convince my doctor that I wouldn't make it to the hospital if my water broke at home. There were still 3 weeks to my due date and nothing that she could do. Sure enough, my water broke at home during a visit from our "older" Home Teachers. Knowing that I probably only had about a half hour and the hospital was at least 20 minutes away, we called our friends to come and get the girls and then left while our visibly shaken Home Teachers waited with the girls. What a ride to the hospital! I was sure that Sierra was going to be born in the van and kept telling Mark to pull over and then to speed up. Mark just kept driving as fast as he could! By the time we got to the hospital I was ready to push and not very friendly with the staff that was trying to get admittance information. After a couple of minutes they realized that I was serious and called my doctor down to get me. Mark went out to move the van to a parking space and barely made it back in time. Sierra Riley was born after only 21 minutes of labor and we were all so excited to finally meet her!


Sierra is such a sweet girl and we love having her in our family. She is a good sport about all of the time she has to spend in the van running her sisters everywhere they need to go. Sierra gets so excited when the girls come home from school, especially Ashtyn! She loves her sisters and being able to play with them. She is my little shadow throughout the day, "helping" me around the house and with my errands and always wanting a play mate. One of our rules is that we don't want to make her happy because she has an ear-piercing squeal, but we love her laugh and smile. Happy Birthday, sweet girl!





2 Comments:

Devri said...

Hi I am Chelsea's sister, I stole your blog off Ashly and Drew's blog. I feel like I know you guys, Chelsea talks so much about your family. I remember when Sierra was born, James dad was your home teacher, I bet they freaked out abit. Your family is beautiful, It is nice to put faces with names. Thanks for letting me jump in on your blog. If you want to see the most beautiful children in the world,(at least I think so:D) you can visit my blog.
http://www.thenaulutribe.blogspot.com/ take care Devri

Mia said...

Kristen!!! I am so excited to find your blog/that you found mine :) I love the pictures and of course Happy Birthday Sierra! We should head to the park some day this week since the girls don't have pre-school UGH ;)