10.21.2009

Fall Frenzy

I think I start every post with "things have been crazy around here", but it's always true. Most of the time we are just trying to keep up with all of the girls and living day to day. Lauren's soccer season ended Monday. She was bumped up to the varsity team for the last several weeks, so she got a few unplanned games in. It was exciting and fun to watch her play, but I think we are all glad that it is finally over...Lauren included! She had a great season and played well.

Mackenzie will have her first game for the middle school team tonight. Because of all the rain, they have only had 2 practices. I'm not sure what position she will be playing or how much playing time she will get, but she is on the team and very excited to play tonight.

Last week I got a phone call from the high school and was told that I would need to come and pick up Lauren. She had broken her chin open and would need some stitches. I have never had to take any of my kids to get stitches before, so I rushed out to the car and made phone calls as I drove. Tried to get Mark to do it, no luck. Called the pediatrician to see where I should even take her. It depended on how big and deep the cut was, and since I didn't even know what had happened at that time, I couldn't get any answers. It was the end of the day, so I also had to arrange for the other 2 to get home from school. I finally got to the school and to the nurse's office and was told that Lauren had been slammed into a wall by some boys who were horsing around in the hallway. She had had her back to them and didn't see them coming. It was accidental, but one of the boys got pushed into her and she hit the wall with her chin and it split open. I took her to the doctor where they were able to glue it shut. It's healing nicely and we are hoping for minimal scarring.

This past weekend was fall break for the girls. Mark took Monday off and we had a nice day together. The weather was perfect for getting some much needed outside work done and in the afternoon we were able to go to his office building and meet a couple of the Predators players, Ryan Suter and Marcel Goc. We had pictures taken and shirts signed. Sierra even gave one of them a hug and chanted "Let's go Predators" all afternoon. Then we headed to the mall where...





Sierra got her ears pierced! It was her idea and I tried to talk her out of it, but she held their teddy bear and was very brave. She didn't cry, just said "OUCH". So far she's been really good about cleaning and turning them and she just loves her new sparkly, pink flowers. I was so sure she wouldn't do it or that it would be just awful. I didn't watch and even warned a mother whose little girls was thinking about getting hers done that Sierra may not be the best one to watch. But she was awesome!

Last week I went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch with Sierra's class. It was a very cold day, but the kids had a great time picking cotton, going on a hayride, picking a pumpkin, milking a cow, and playing on the playground. I was glad they sold hot chocolate! I'm pretty sure one of the biggest thrills for Sierra was being able to ride the bus with her friends.

We also were able to go to Ashytn's fall party. They had a lot of yummy food and played some fun games, but the most fun was the doughnuts that were hanging from the ceiling. It was so funny watching them try to eat them without using their hands. The kids were all sticky and happy at the end of the day.

2 Comments:

Family said...

Ah too bad for Lauren and and the poor mom who had to worry all the way to the school to get her.

Renee said...

I hope Lauren is feeling better. That had to hurt!

ps. I need to know what your eating because you're much more upbeat, energetic and organized than I am!