Mackenzie will turn 12 on the 24th of this month, and we are trying to plan a little party. Since she is in to all things Twilight and her party is scheduled for the weekend that New Moon comes out, I thought a Twilight theme would be fitting. The only problem is that the movie is rated PG-13, which for some is a deal breaker. Of course I'd like to have them just watch the movie and play a couple of games based on the show, but I'm not sure how many of her friends are as into Twilight as Mackenzie is. Any suggestions? Would you let your 11 or 12 year-old daughter attend a party where a PG-13 movie was the main activity? Other than a movie trivia game, what else could we do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 Comments:
I would let Cassie go to a movie as the main part of a birthday party. I saw some cute cupcakes with a fork stuck in them. The forks looked shorter than normal but in the prongs of the forks were cards with sayings on them from the book. There are AMAZING cakes on
http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/. This blog shows the awful cakes out there but also has a section on amazing ones too. I remember that Mark can decorate cakes pretty well so look on there.
A softball game? Team Edward vs. Team Jacob.
I thought I saw a cute idea somewhere. I would have to say that if it was a movie I already approved then yes, otherwise no.
check out these ideas
http://www.hostessblog.com/2009/04/host-a-twilight-theme-party-at-home/
Here is one more
http://tarastwilightparty.blogspot.com/2009/11/team-jacon-team-edward-sodas.html
Wow great ideas. I am with Chels if it was a movie I approve of then yes I would let them go. I think you just need to ask the moms if they are ok with the movie. I have no idea for party ideas, but looks like they sent you some cute links.
I would call all their mom's first to make sure and then go ahead with the plan. I'd let my 12 year old watch Twilight, but not all PG-13 movies. Sounds like fun!
OK, I approve of the pg-13 movie, if I like and approve of the mom. That's so wrong, I know, but I think hey, if I like the mom (like I like you), then I'd be fine with it. If the mom's kind of "iffy" then I look up the movie, possibly making an excuse not to let my kid go, and spend the rest of the week finding a way to follow through with whatever excuse was made cursing myself for an impromptu trip out of town or movie night, only to get out of the party, without fibbing.
I'm so disturbed.
I had no idea that Aanya and her are only 1 day apart.. lol Aanya is older as her birthday is on the 23rd..lol
I overprotect her, and so I would say no...
but good thing she isn't ivited huh! lol
I'm not going to comment on the PG-13 thing, because I was the strictest mom ever (just ask my son). But I do have a question... Would your daughter consider inviting a grandmother to her party? Just wondering...
By the way, thank you for all your kind comments about "the chair." I really appreciate them!
Post a Comment