5.06.2008

"Gretch.., I mean Lauren!"

Lately I have been calling Lauren "Gretchen", which is my twin sister's name. I rarely get my girls' names right the first time, but I usually go through my daughters' names (and the dog's!) and not my sister's. I thought it was just because she visited a couple of months back, but I have also gotten a lot of comments about how much Lauren looks like me. Then the other day we were walking together and I turned around to answer a question. I just looked at her for a quick second and realized that she looked like Gretchen to me. What do you think? This is actually a picture of me at 13 and not of Gretchen. I was always the cuter one! Besides the really great hairstyle, I think the only difference is that I liked make-up!
Sorry, babe! You may be athletic like your Dad, but you got your "cutes" from your Mom! It's nice to know that I made some contribution!

8 Comments:

Jessie said...

She totally looks like you! Wow, I don't think I ever realized how much she looks like you Kristen. She is beautiful just like her beautiful mom!

Mia said...

She does totally look like you!!! Wow that is such a cute pair of pictures. You are both gorgeous :)

Gretchen said...

I can't believe you posted that picture, but thank you profusely for not using one of mine!! Lauren is beautiful, and if she ends up looking like us, she has got it made! Love you!

palmtreelover said...

I'm trying to get past the hair thing, but yes I think she is your triplet that just happened to be born a little latter than you and Gretchen. It is pretty scary how when you look at your older ones and start seeing the different changes. The rebirth, the tweens UGH!

Renee said...

She's your "mini me". You totally look alike, minus that awesome 80's hair!!! Love that picture.

Devri said...

Wow just like you!! Hope you guys are doing well and not too stressed...

Unknown said...

I have always thought your girls have a strong resemblance to you and a little bit of Mark. How cute she could be your triplet

Renee said...

Hey, Happy Mother's Day Kristen! I wanted to say hi today at church, but it seems between the callings, we never have time! Anyway, I'm so glad we're blogging and "in person" friends now!