We have had a rough time this week. We have been busy with 2 track meets and a soccer game, not to mention the activities of a regular day! And I have decided to potty train Sierra! Most of you know that this is no easy task, and I have spent 3 days sitting by the potty with her singing songs, watching movies, doing puzzles and reading books. I have been "shadowing" her for a change and doing just about anything and everything to create interest and excitement about using the potty. And she has surprised me! She had a really good day yesterday and was even going on her own. Today she has lost some of the interest as I have been distracted and we have ventured further from the potty. She can do it though, I know she can! I still have hope.
Today was a particularly hard day. You may notice the Disney World countdown missing from my blog. We are putting the trip on hold as Mark was laid off today. This came as quite a big surprise and there have been a lot of tears, mostly mine. It's scary not having a job! He has been with Healthways for just over a year and it seemed to be a great move. They have been a good company to work for and just moved into their new building 20 minutes closer to home on Monday. We were so excited about the move and cutting Mark's commute time, not to mention saving on gas money! He enjoyed it for 3 days before the company made cutbacks.
Mark is very positive and has spent the afternoon working on his resume and trying to convince me that we will be alright. I don't have as much faith, largely due to the fact that I'm not in control. There's nothing I can do, but hope and pray and that just doesn't seem like enough. He has a lot of great contacts and a little bit of time to work something out. He assures me that we will land on our feet. I guess I need to learn to have patience and faith.
The silver lining is that we get to spend some extra time with Mark and I will most likely lose that weight I have been struggling with. From past experience I have learned that stress is my BEST diet plan and I have been sick to my stomach and unable to eat for a few meals now!
God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain. But He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.
5.01.2008
Hard Times
Posted by Kristen at 4:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 Comments:
yes Kristen, have faith. My husband was diagnosed with cancer, and then his work literaly blew up, I don't work, so we had no income for awhile, but not once did we have to turn to the bishop.
faithfuly pay your tithing, and have faith, the lord will protect your family, and we will pray for your family, and yes, we will pray for the potty training too :}
We were sorry to hear the news and are praying for you as well. Luckily, with a guy like Mark, I don't imagine you'll have to worry about being without work for too long. It's amazing how often these things seem to turn out for the better, but it sure doesn't feel like it will at the time.
BTW, by "guy like Mark" I mean big ol', goofy country boy.
Thanks for the smile Andrew! I needed to laugh a bit!
Dang Kristen this stinks big time. Especially since Mark really liked his j-o-b. We will be praying for you. I am sure that everything will work out. I hope for my sake that it works out right here in TN ;) Let me know if there is anything we can do for you or the rest of the family.
Oh girl I am so sorry you have to go through this on top of trying to potty train. This is a positive now there are two of you to chase her around.
May I suggest getting "The Secret"
Very easy reading and I so much believe in it. It also can bring spiritually awakening. The Lord works in mysterious ways.
Kristen, I know we don't know eachother that well, but please call and/or come over any time! Especially the days when your head feels like it's going to explode:)
Seriously, hang in there. You'll be in our prayers. Thankfully your husband seems so on the ball, so surely things will work out to be even better than before.
We love you guys and hope and pray that everything will work out these next few months. I'm so sorry about your trip too! Let us know if you guys need anything.
Kristen
I hadn't been to your blog in a while but I wanted to come see your darling count down because I would love to fantasize about going to Disney myself and I found this instead. I am so sorry. I know how great the stress of losing a job can be. I know you know this and I know I can't even relate as I don't have near the life experience and wisdom you and Mark have, but where God closes a window, He opens a door. There is something even better for your family and for Mark . I think the world of you guys, good luck and we will keep you in our prayers hoping the new solution keeps you here.
Post a Comment