6.27.2008

HELP!

Earlier this week I was asked to go to girls camp as a cabin mom. I know, pick your chin up off the floor and stop laughing--I said I would go. Now, I do not have fond memories of camp as a youth and I don't think I have camped even once since. Luckily, my sweet husband prefers a nice, soft bed and a hot shower too! They obviously were quite desperate if they felt the need to ask me to be a part of nature for a few days. Thank goodness these girls don't "camp" like we did. They have cabins and there are showers, we will be fed without having to cook for ourselves and there are flushing toilets--I think I can do this. My wonderful, fabulous, awesome sister-in-law is coming up to take care of the kids while Mark is at work.
Here is where I need the help. Does anyone have any great ideas for me. Our theme is "Yagottawanna...Shine!" and our cabin name is the "Nite Lites". I need some fun ideas for the girls and I know you are all more creative than I am! But hurry, camp is July 8th!

10 Comments:

Devri said...

Let me think I will get back to ya

Mia said...

Oh my... whew well this is a tall order. I'm with Devri. I will have to think on this. What are the activities you are in charge of? Do you have to design your cabin t-shirts or plan a skit or what?

Kristen said...

No, no, no..it's not at all that complicated. The YCL's are in charge of doing things with the girls and I have the 4th year girls who should know what they are doing. I am just looking to have some ideas for some cute little trinket to go along with our cabin name. We will have to make a poster and a cheer to introduce our cabin name. I bought some glow sticks and will get something as a gift for the YCL's at the end of the week. I need to do some awards for the girls at the end of the week too, just fun stuff. Just want something they can keep to remind them of theirweek at camp. Thought about making a lightswitch cover? I just don't know and I'm still a little confused about what I need to do. Doing some research on that.

palmtreelover said...

Call yourselfs the FIREFLYS, get those little glow sticks at the dollars store and make fireflys for the cabin and hang them everywhere. Have them aim towards a big lantern that lit-up and maybe says SHINE with goals that the girls want to work on during camp....being a peacemaker, a good friend, scripture reading, ect...

I know I can come up with a cheer just need to think a quiet room

palmtreelover said...

Ok
If you go with the Firefly theme try this

We are the Fireflies
Mighty Mighty Fireflies
Everywhere we go...o
Our bright light will show...0
Shine your light, make it bright.

Then have them repeat and make others sing.

Give me some feed back...like it? maybe not? go away?

Kristen said...

I LOVE your ideas! I knew there was someone more creative than me and I really wanted the fireflies as our cabin theme, but someone took it before it was our turn to choose. We got stuck the the "Nite lites" as our cabin theme. Any creativity there? Thanks!!!!!

palmtreelover said...

Okay, lets get the wheels turning. Glow in the Dark Paint, get little wood things and paint them, or those glow in the dark stars glue them onto a picture frame. You can have them make a light switch (your idea:) out of card board and toss glow stuff in it,just put a baggie in the hole part.

Burn it long
Burn it Bright
We glow in the Dark
Cause we're the Nite Lites

If it needs to be longer let me know or more religious.



I would love to go, maybe i'll crash it and do a surprise visit

Family said...

I hope this was fun for you. I will talk with you about it soon.

Unknown said...

I'll I have to say is sugardoodle.net it is an awesome website and this woman is amazing she posts and lets others post great ideas for serving in the church among many other great things. Sorry too late for girls camp this year but you might want to use this in the future. See you at girls camp!

Renee said...

I've got nothing, but that's ok, since today is way too late. Sorry, I'm so blog behind.

Did you have fun?