9.27.2009

Life With the Robertsons!

Wow! What a busy couple of weeks the Robertson family has had. It seems that we have gone from one thing to another without much time in between. We have relied on our weekends to get caught up with each other. I think the little girls went almost a full 48 hours without seeing Lauren this week. Seminary gets her out of the house before they wake up and soccer and youth night keep her out past their bedtime.


Because we weren't busy enough, I signed Ashtyn up for girl scouts. She is in a group with a lot of her little friends and they only meet once a month. Monday they took a tour of the fire department. She had a great time meeting up with her friends, but the most exciting part came when they got a call while we were checking out the fire trucks. It was fun to see them jump into action. I can't wait for cookie sales!


Mackenzie had her last cross country meet this week. She ran the mile and a half in 12:39, which qualified her for her school's varsity team for the county meet this week. She was in the top 5 runners for her school, but has decided to run in the JV meet in hopes of placing. She was also excited about earning a spot on the student council.

The elementary school hosted its annual fall festival Friday evening. We have had so much rain this week, that I was sure it would be cancelled. The rain held off and we were able to enjoy it for a couple of hours before the clouds rolled in. It's always a fun event. There were inflatables, and a train ride. The girls got their faces and fingernails painted, chatted with friends, and played all kinds of games with fun little prizes. Kenzie did the cake walk until she won and brought home a yummy dessert.

Lauren had a couple of high school soccer games this week and did really well. She has earned a spot in the starting lineup. I didn't see the game Friday, but their team won 3-1 and she had 2 assists. This video is of her with the corner kick and her best friend scoring the goal. She's been working on her crosses and had several good ones during the game, or so I hear.



Last night was the highlight of the week! We had tickets to the Predators game. Ashtyn and Sierra have never been to a hockey game and it was a really fun family night. We all had a good time, even though the Preds lost. Sierra kept yelling "Go! You can do it! You can do it all by yourself!" We had popcorn and cotton candy, great seats, and even got our faces on the jumbo tron. I don't think the little ones will let us go without them anymore! I thought it might be too loud and long for the little ones, but they hung in there well after their bedtime and screamed and cheered with the best of them.

And to top it all off, I have been working this week at one of the elementary schools as a substitute teacher. I worked in a 4th grade class Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I was a little bit nervous at first, but it all went relatively well and I really enjoyed it. The days went by so fast and the kids (for the most part) were good. I'm actually hoping to pick up a day or two again this week. I have decided that with all we have going on, 3 days is too much. I was exhausted by the end of the day Friday, but it's good to have something to do while all of the kids are at school...at least for a couple of days!

3 Comments:

Devri said...

Fun times! what talented kids you have, and wow, you teaching- that is wonderful!

Mia said...

I think I say this every time I see you, but you amaze me!!! You are a super mom for sure. I love the family night at the Preds. I actually really like to go to hockey games but we've not gone here.

palmtreelover said...

Wow mama, keep it up and there won't be anytime for you to get a shower. Go Go Go... you're doing it and well..Kudos!