4.28.2008

Bargain Hunter

I have spent the last week or so going through the girls' closets and digging out summer clothes. The winter stuff is all put up in bins or has gone to Goodwill. Then came the task of getting them set for warm weather. We do A LOT of hand-me-downs in our house and the girls love it! Ashtyn especially gets very excited to see all of the "new-to-you" clothes and to find out who used to wear it. It's like Christmas! We have bins and bins of clothes in our attic sorted and labeled according to what season and who it will go to next. I do a few consignment sales, but my biggest secret is Goodwill. If you have never shopped there, you should check it out. I went to the store in Franklin and then to our Spring Hill store on Thursday and found some great bargains. It's always amazing to me what people throw out! I often find brand new stuff with tags on them still. You have to plan to spend some time going through racks and I don't take my kids. The tend to lose patience. I always have my Tide-to-go pen with me and check to make sure zippers work. I got a bunch of shorts and capris for the girls and we are all set for summer! I did need a trip to Kohl's during our tax-free weekend for a couple of shirts and will need to get a couple of swimsuits.
And check out craigslist.org if you haven't already. We are heading to Disney World in a few weeks and no longer have a double stroller. Instead of renting one, we decided to buy one and found a double jogging stroller in great shape for $50. We will probably try to get rid of it at the gate when we leave or sell it when we get home and maybe save $150!

4 Comments:

Devri said...

People always comment how cute my children look, and how cute their clothes are. Well, their looks were free, and well, their clothes most come from yard sales!!!Yah!! We love yard sales, and now, we can't even be home for 2 minutes without someone doing the KSL ads or Craigslist.. We just bought Aanya a motor scooter wich is a 139 dollar scooter for 20, and it looks brand new..... And a 16 foot trampoline for 100.. We are the #1 bargain hunters... But you can come in a close second. lol

Devri said...

p.s. I am looking for a double stroller, so I can get my behind in to some sort of shape.^ I will buy yours for free, plus shipping:}

Mia said...

I have been meaning to check out our GW since it opened, but I never/rarely get to shop sans kiddos. But since we do need summer clothes I will have to check it out!

Renee said...

Love yard sales, love GW. My sister is the GW master, so I wait til she comes down to visit.

I also love flea marketing, so if you ever want to go, call and we'll make it a day! Of course, we'll have to wait until after soccer, scouts, yw, ym, dance.... hmmm, see you next year.