Last week Lauren and I packed up and headed out to girl's camp. I must admit that I was a little bit apprehensive about the experience and less than thrilled about going. I am definitely not a camper and the idea of no air conditioning in mid-July was not appealing. I put on my "happy face" a
nd off we went in a 15-passenger van full of giggly girls driven by me. I was immediately glad that I had agreed to go as Lauren ended up being sick the first day. She spent several hours sleeping in the nurse's station while I went back and forth between her and my group of 4th year girls. She started to feel better in the evening and by the next morning was back to herself. Glad I didn't have to call Mark
to come and get her!
It was hot and humid! It's a fairly new camp and there aren't many trees to provide shade. We stayed under the pavilions as much as we could. The girls really loved the climbing and repelling tower and the ropes course and zip line. We certified, did crafts, had some great lessons, sang crazy songs, did some skits, and had some great food. I actually think I might want to volunteer to help out again next year. It was a fun 3 days, but I was ready to get home to Mark and my girls and of course, my diet coke!!
Aunt Mary came home from the family reunion with us and stayed with the girls while Mark was at work. She spoiled my 3 younger ones and they had a great time. Ashtyn went to a little ballet camp and Sierra wished that she had. She took them swimming, to the mall, to soccer, and the park. I think we were all wishing she didn't have to go home. Thanks, Mary! Hope you've recovered by now! 
"Aunt Mary is the greatest!"
7.15.2008
Camp!
Posted by Kristen at 12:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 Comments:
Bummer that Lauren got sick! I am really glad that you liked girls camp. I was hoping it would be a good experience for you. Maybe you will get to go next year too :)
and the next and the next- sorry Lauren was sick, that makes it for no fun.
i used to love girl's camp, and i think it's AWESOME that you got to go with your little lady--sorry she was sick. but you still looked like you pulled off a great time!
Sounds like you both had fun! Did Lauren ok you to use those pictures? Sierra is adorable in her leotard--sign her up!
My mom never went to Girl's Camp with me. My oldest sister went a couple of years, that was better then nuthin! Glad you got to go. She'll remember this!
Wow, that's awesome you guys had such a good time. Glad Lauren wasn't sick the whole time. Jada would love to play with Ashyton and Sierra sometime. She loves those guys!
Post a Comment