Yesterday Ashtyn said that she wanted her ears pierced, largely because one of her little friends recently ha
d hers done. I was surprised, but said we could go on Saturday. Last night she decided that it needed to be done today and this morning she still insisted. So off we went to the mall, something I never do without Mark's help! Since Ash is my most timid, I wasn't convinced that she would actually get them pierced and tried to tell her that it was okay if she changed her mind. She took a teddy bear to hold onto, picked her earrings, and climbed up in the chair. She looked so nervous and I was nervous for her! When Lauren and Mackenzie had theirs done, I made sure there were 2 people so that both ears could be done at the same time. There was only one person working today and I was positive that once the first one was done, we'd be out
ta there! Ash was so great! She didn't make a sound and sat there so big and brave. She said the first one hurt, but didn't cry and got the second one done like a pro. I was so proud of her and she loves her new "dazzling" earrings! Way to go, Ash!
7.25.2008
Pierced Ears!
Posted by Kristen at 2:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 Comments:
Congratulations, Ashtyn! Your ears look beautiful! Can't wait to see them in person!
Oh, something I so hope my kids never ask for! Just boys ;) He, he!
Aw congrats! I'm glad you do it when she wants it, I don't like seeing babies with pierced ears...just a peeve of mine.
I love kids with their ears a sparklin' but not at my house untill they move out. not my rule a tongan thing. Sorry becky- I would have done it when they were 2... but guess I don't wear the pants in my family. he he
i can't believe you didn't wait until she was 12 to pierce her ears. liberal.
this coming from the woman who had each baby's ears pierced at TWO WEEKS!!! yep, i did it. my m-i-l thought i was evil had secretly converted to catholicism. but they looked adorable.
she was brave!!
Congratulations! Ashtyn looks beautiful with her new pierced ears. I am really proud of her for sitting through both ears.
yeah... There is nothing cuter than a cute girl with cute earings. I had my friends (Mindi) take my Meg and pierce away when she was just a 3 months old... she was just a baby and I was sooooo happy about it! She has never bothered them and they have never been infected. I always tease anyone I know that has a baby girl that I will babysit at Claire's. Funny...nobody ever asks me to tend.
Post a Comment