I LOVE summer and spending time with the girls, having a slower pace, and just hangi
ng out. But this summer has been a LONG one! We took a fabulous trip to Disney World as soon as school was out and then a quick trip to Atlanta for a family reunion, but because Mark is new at his job and can't use his vacation days yet we haven't done much else. We have had fun at the pool, movies, mall, zoo, etc
. but I'd like to get outta town and have one last little fling of summer. The girls have been together too much for too long--bored and fighting! So yesterday I gave in and pulled out their Christmas present! I grabbed up Rock Band for the wii as soon as it came out and was holding onto it until Christmas, but desperate times call for desperate measures! They have loved it (Mark too!) and we have had a little less fighting, or maybe just a different topic to fight about! Even Sierra got in on the fun, with her Hannah Montana guitar! And please ignore the messy bonus room--another product of summer!
ng out. But this summer has been a LONG one! We took a fabulous trip to Disney World as soon as school was out and then a quick trip to Atlanta for a family reunion, but because Mark is new at his job and can't use his vacation days yet we haven't done much else. We have had fun at the pool, movies, mall, zoo, etc
. but I'd like to get outta town and have one last little fling of summer. The girls have been together too much for too long--bored and fighting! So yesterday I gave in and pulled out their Christmas present! I grabbed up Rock Band for the wii as soon as it came out and was holding onto it until Christmas, but desperate times call for desperate measures! They have loved it (Mark too!) and we have had a little less fighting, or maybe just a different topic to fight about! Even Sierra got in on the fun, with her Hannah Montana guitar! And please ignore the messy bonus room--another product of summer!



7 Comments:
Oh my goodness. I am so there with you. If we even had a wii, that would do the trick. Good for you!!!
I'm surprised you held off this long. Nothing wrong with Santa coming five months early.
I am with you! Instead of pulling out early Christmas presents... I pull out jobs! Just kidding. It has ben fun...but oh so long!
I agree. This has been a long summer for us as well. Thanks for the heads up on Rock Band. I'm sure my kids would love it too.
P.S. It's good to know other kids fight too. It is like WWF here sometimes!!
Teresa Duke
Yes, I am feeling it on the West Coast! And the fighting, you would think I would be exempt with only 2 kids and they are 7 years apart. But heaven help me and my home to survive these beasts I gave birth to!
You are such a cool Mom! How fun for them. I do agree, its been a long hot summer.
I am so laughing that you pulled out their Christmas present already! Love that you shop early. I am glad that the girls and Mark are loving the game.
Post a Comment