We have just finished Sierra's 2nd week of preschool and she absolutely loves it. She wakes up every morning asking if she can go to school, especially since Ash is going every day, all day. The problem...her teachers don't look forward to it as much as she does! I was told on Tuesday when I picked her up that if her behavior didn't improve, they wouldn't be able to keep her. I didn't know that you could get kicked out of preschool! Not many can brag about that! I was
devestated and spent a couple of days in tears. I wasn't going to send her back on Thursday, but Sierra wanted to go and Tasch convinced me that she has seen improvement in the short time that Sierra has been going. I was pretty emotional about leaving her, so I sent her with Tasch. She had a little chat with the teachers and they agreed to try to help her more. I don't have any other options right now. I'm checking into some other preschools with separate 3-year-old classes and I have an appointment to have her speech evaluated on September 10th. She's a sweet, good little girl but she does have some tantrums still and hasn't been real cooperative at school. She needs to learn to stand in line,to be quiet during singing time, and clean up her lunch. She doesn't like crayons and didn't do well with scissors. She doesn't cry when I leave her or while I'm gone and hasn't had any potty accidents. I'm sure she will get better with time and she seems happy when I pick her up. For now I'm picking her up an hour earlier because that's the most chaotic time. And I'm just crossing my fingers on some better options!
8.31.2008
My Little Preschooler, cont'd...
Posted by Kristen at 1:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 Comments:
Hang in there! As long as she loves it, and keeps going, it will get better. It is all new to her. She is a sweet & smart little gal, who will be cutting and coloring before you know it!
I'm not very good at standing in line either!
Definitely hang in there. She is 3. It takes time, and some kids struggle with that more then others. This is great prep for big-kid school, eventually. Breathe and relax and all will work out, even if it means changing schools if that is what feels right.
I hate to critisize anyone but I worked at a preschool and Sierra sounds like a very healthy and normal three year old to me. I hate to discourage you from the place you're going but those teachers need a reality check! That is how three year olds are. I am doing a play group with Kaylie because I don't feel like doing the drive to the preschool I love with a newborn this year but next year that's probably where we'll be. Good luck, Sierra is a doll.
Post a Comment