The last several days have been devoted to cramming some fun into the last minutes of summer. We headed to a movie Thursday after lunch and playtime at McDonald's. I took Ashtyn and Sierra to see Space Chimps while Lauren, Mackenzie and 2 of our neighbors saw Journey to the Center of the Earth. The girls enjoyed the movies, I enjoyed the popcorn and Diet Coke. My movie let out a little earlier so we were waiting in the lobby and letting the little girls play in the arcade and out walked Billy Ray Cyrus! Now, living in Nashville you can expect to see a country star or two, but I don't think I can say that I've seen anyone just "out in public". This was a first and it was kind of thrilling. The girls were just wishing that Hannah Montana would follow behind. That would have made their day...maybe even their summer!
We've spent some time at the pool a
nd the mall and Friday night the older girls and I headed to Borders and Barnes and Noble for Breaking Dawn parties. We had a great time checking out the costumes and being in on the excitement. I've been fighting Lau
ren for the book ever since and I HAVE to finish it tonight because finding time to read it has become a top priority! I was even tempted to feed the missionaries cereal last night so that I could have more time to read. It's a problem, I know!
8.02.2008
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Posted by Kristen at 12:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 Comments:
I am so jealous that I didn't go with you! I finally got mine in the mail today but I can't read while my family is here or I will completely ignore them ;)
Looks like you girls had fun! I can't wait to read it!
Glad you are enjoying book and getting priorities in order... at least YOU took the kids to the pool today!
I enlarged the picture so I could read what your shirt said-- "Cute" and as I shifted the picture over-- Mackenzie's eyes took me by surprise.... between your shirt and her holding "The Book" and me reading all day... it was just a bit a mind boggling shocker!
we women are all a bit crazy about this book.
i think it has crack in the pages.
it's a conspiracy.
but it's working
Post a Comment