Sierra never ceases to amaze me! When I was told that she had a mild form of autism I cried and cried for days wondering what her life would be like, if she would fit in, be "normal"... It was a hard time. She was in a special ed preschool last year and really amazed me with her progress. Her speech is fantastic and she is so much more social. But I am still not sure how well she understands things. For this reason, I was hesitant to teach her how to swim. She loves the water and has no fear. She jumps in with her floaties and will put her face in the water without hesitation. On Monday I decided to take the floaties off and see what happened. Wouldn't you know it, but that little turkey stood there for a minute and then swam to Lauren! I'm talking face in the water, legs kicking, arms moving, going somewhere swimming! And she loved it. Within an hour she was swimming to Lauren in the 5 foot area and scaring me to death. I wish I had had my video camera with me, because I'm not sure Mark believed me or whether I believe it myself now. But watch out world! She's not going to let anything stop her from doing what she wants to do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 Comments:
Yeah! Sierra! You are awesome! Keep her in it!
WooHoo Sierra! She is a smart and very CUTE little gal.
She is brave!!! She is braver than both my kids combined. She is also a sweetie pie.
Amazing girl, amazing mom!
ok...those are moments where I am so happy that I cry...and I would just stand there and choke up and sob and embarrass myself.
Rebecca
Post a Comment