6.09.2009

Camp Hulaco

What a wild couple of weeks we have had! Two days after we got home from the beach, Lauren and I were packed up again and headed for girls camp at Camp Hulaco in Alabama. This was my 2nd year going as a cabin mom and Lauren's 3rd year. We left early Tuesday morning to make it there before the other girls arrived and I was so happy to meet the girls in my cabin. I was to be with the 2nd years and had 2 of the best youth leaders in the bunch! They were great and we had a lot of fun. The weather was perfect, even a little bit cool at nights. The food was awesome, especially since I wasn't cooking it, and the activities planned were so fabulous. Everyone seemed to have a great time and the days went by fast. But in the end I was so very anxious to get home to my own bed and see my little girls! I missed them so much, even though I knew they were having a great time with a couple of terrific friends who agreed to help out.
Saturday we got up and took the kids to the zoo. There weren't a lot of people there, so we had a great time on the playground, got to feed the lorikeets and the little girls even rode the carousel. That night we decided to take the girls to the drive in to see "Up!" and "Night at the Museum 2". We were up late, but had a lot of fun. Needless to say, Sunday afternoon I needed (and got) a nice, long nap!

6 Comments:

Mia said...

WOW, your summer has started off with a bang for sure. So glad you had a great time at Girl's Camp. Sounds like everyone really enjoyed it!

Family said...

Now go to the pool and do nothing else!

Jen said...

It won't be long until my girls will be there at camp with you and your girls and probably me too. YEAH for girls.

Karalene said...

Oh my, how nice to have camp out of the way for the summer... Go enjoy the rest of it!

We are still in school!

Rebecca Jo said...

Cassie left for camp yesterday and i will go down on Friday. It's just not summer without it!
Rebecca

Devri said...

Wow, great times, I remember last year when your oldest was sick for it, has it really been a year.. ouch!