10.07.2008

Good News!

The last few weeks have been so crazy busy that I haven't felt like I could pull it all together. Every day brought new chaos and upset previously made plans. I have been trying to get some evaluations done for Sierra and finally had the one I was waiting for yesterday morning. She was being tested for her speech and cognitive development and they have decided to refer her for the Early Childhood Intervention Preschool Program based on her scores. She scored in the "delayed" to "severely delayed" range in every category that they tested her in. I cried. Partly because I am so grateful that she will be able to get the extra help that I have known she needs. And partly because the "severly delayed" stung a little bit. I don't know that any parent wants to hear that their child is having some problems--no matter what they may be. I'm excited to have her start and to see the progress that she makes. She will go every day except for Wednesday for 3 hours. I am a little sad about that. I'm not ready to send her everyday, but I know she'll love it and have a great time.



And Lauren made final cuts for both the HMS basketball and soccer teams! She had her last day of basketball tryouts Saturday morning and soccer tryouts ended yesterday afternoon. Soccer practice starts today with games in about 2 weeks. Basketball won't start until November. She is very excited and we're proud of her. She loves sports!

We got Mackenzie signed up for basketball through our county rec league. She will start with practice later this month and have games on Saturdays. Hopefully their soccer season will be over by then! I'm going to need some kind of planner to keep up with my girls' schedules!


The little girls are just loving fall! With the cooler weather they can play outside and have a great time in all of the leaves that are covering our backyard!

6 Comments:

Mia said...

I am really happy for you that Sierra is going to get to go to Longview. But I know I will miss seeing you in passing at preschool and Zoey will for sure miss Sierra. Congrats to Lauren on making the teams! You all are so busy :)

ExitingTheRace said...

I am so happy that you have found a solution for little Sierra! She will do awesome I am sure!
How fun for Lauren, CONGRAT'S!

Renee said...

So happy to hear you're getting some answers! Congratulations Lauren!!!

Karalene said...

Early intervention is good!

I would come to game and cheer for Lauren! -- we have a few girls in my ward that she would be kindred spirits with, they thrive on multiple sports also!

Becky said...

She'll be at my kids' school! :) Hang in there, this will be great for her. And what a sigh of relief to know and be able to know deal with it and move forward instead of hanging in LIMBO!!

Melissa said...

I hope Sierra is in Sawyer's class! Do you know who her teacher is yet? Let me know!