12.16.2008

Thanksgiving

Okay, so I'm a little backwards and a little behind. What's new?

Thanksgiving was spent in Atlanta visiting Mark's family. We left Wednesday afternoon and arrived in time to make and decorate cookies with Aunt Mary. We love Aunt Mary, and these pictures say it all. She loves my girls and does the fun things with them. I don't think anybody actually ate these cookies, but the girls had a blast making them!

Instead of having pie on Thanksgiving Day, Aunt Carol's family has a pie night on Wednesday. She had tons of people over and there were so many pies. I don't usually make it to the end of our Thanksgiving dinner with room for dessert. We started with dessert and got to pig out for 2 days!

Our Thanksgiving meal was fabulous. Mark went out with the nephews and guys in the family to play football for a few hours in the morning. Then he spent the rest of the week complaining because he's too old to play that hard! I don't think I've ever seen him take so much motrin as he did for the next week! That night his nephew came home from his mission to Mexico. We were able to meet him at the airport for a few minutes before my little ones were done for the day!

And Friday was my favorite day of the year! Mary, Mark and I got up at 3 a.m. to go shopping! I love the hustle of black Friday and the thrill of finding a good deal (even if it's on something I hadn't planned on buying!) and saving a few bucks. We got a good start on our Christmas shopping and were home before any of the girls even knew we were gone. Later, we took the girls to see Santa at the mall (more hustle and bustle!) and the older girls topped off our trip with "Twilight" with Aunt Mary. Thanks Aunt Mary for letting us invade your home. We had a great time!

2 Comments:

Karalene said...

Better late then never-- besides I loved reading what you did for Thanksgiving!

Mia said...

Nothing is better than the holidays with the family. Sounds like you all had a great time.