3.16.2009

Little Green Men

I don't think there are many who celebrate St. Patrick's Day, but if you have a kindergarten teacher like ours then St. Patrick's Day is anything but ordinary! Ashtyn came home from school one day very excited about a project she needed to do. She would need to create a Leprechaun trap. For weeks now we have not been able to say the word "green" and her "leprechaun trap" became a mouse trap, just in case those little men were listening. Ashtyn wants so badly to catch one and be rich so that she can have an indoor swimming pool in her bedroom. And did you know that Leprechauns like to spill bins of toys in classrooms while kids are out at recess? And if a Leprechaun swims in kindergarten toilets, the water will turn green!

This is Ashtyn's trap. It includes a maze that is supposed to disorient the leprechaun who will, of course be focused on the gold. Just in case, there is some "icky, sticky bubblegum" to trap little feet. We had a great time working together on the trap, and Ashtyn was so proud taking it to school today!


7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love Pam! We have kept this tradition here at the Howells home as well!

palmtreelover said...

Looks like fun times:)
Thanks for your nice thoughts. i am sorry i missed the show...ya know working and all...someday I will be free again

Renee said...

That is so cool! We made a trap years ago, but this one is truly cutting edge.

Karalene said...

We do the Leprechaun trap here... started with Jordan's kindergarten teacher.

However, I must say that Ashtyn's trap is very impressive. A maze, one my kids never thought of. It has got to be the perfect trap to bewilder the craftiest of leprechauns.

Rebecca Jo said...

we had to do our own for Cassie in St. Louis schools...sad! I miss Tennessee schools and people and weather and houses....I could go on.
Rebecca

Ashly said...

That is one cool trap! I bet you caught lots of leprechans ( I probably butchered the spelling of that)! Let us know when the pool is ready and we will come out for a visit.

kado! said...

that is super cute...how fun!