4.14.2008

Soccer, Soccer, Soccer!

Was I just complaining that the soccer season would never get started!?! What was I thinking?!! The season has officially begun and I am completely worn out already. We had quite a week with 3 make-up games on different weeknights and regular games scheduled for Saturday. Throw in Lauren's ref schedule (which was absolutely crazy--she reffed 8 games this week!), track practice and 1 meet, a couple of birthday parties, and a sick toddler. I feel like I need a vacation! We will be back at the soccer fields tonight for Lauren and Ashtyn to play. Sierra really is a good sport about all of this. Thank goodness she likes hanging out with the kids and can usually find someone to play with.
We didn't do much to celebrate Mark's birthday. Mackenzie had a game that night and played great for Coach Dad. She promised him a goal for his birthday present, which she delivered and they won the game. I made cupcakes for the team. The girls sang "Happy Birthday" on the field and then I headed off to work for the night. He had to take kids home and put them to bed alone that night. Mark and I did escape Friday night to go out to dinner. I do love having a babysitter in the family! Thanks, Lauren!!
We have had sooo much rain lately that our lawn has become a jungle. Just when I think I will have a chance to get out and get it cut, it starts to rain again. It had only been a week since I had cut it last, but it took me almost 2 1/2 hours on Saturday! What a workout! The lawnmower kept shutting off because the grass was so high and a little bit damp. My shoulder was sore yesterday from having to start it back up so many times. I guess that's what I get for fertilizing it several weeks ago. It does look nice though and I can hardly wait for it to warm up so that I can get some flowers planted! How I love spring!
Yesterday we had Stake Conference. It was nice to be able to sleep in and have a slow Sunday morning. My kids were a "little off" yesterday, so it wasn't exactly the relaxing Sunday that I look forward to each week. We had a few more squabbles than normal and there is a hole in Lauren's bedroom wall. They have been grounded from their "Heelies" for a few days! I've given Mark 2 weeks to get it patched so that I can paint it. I'm sure Sierra will be picking at it, making it worse until it is fixed! On a happier note, we experienced a small miracle yesterday. Our family sat through the entire 2 hours of stake conference without taking a child out! I strategically sat us by a door so that I could make a quick exit when necessary and then didn't move through the entire session! How great is that?! Sierra did sleep through some of it, but what a great accomplishment for my family!


1 Comments:

Mia said...

I am glad that you are in the swing of things with soccer finally. I can only imagine how crazy things would be if more games got rained out!