4.01.2008

A Tennessee Spring


Soccer season began 3 weeks ago and we have yet to play a game. We've had games cancelled due to snow and rain each week. Pretty pitiful since the girls eat, sleep, and breathe soccer. We are anxious to get the season started! Games have been rescheduled, and we have about 4 weeknights without sports during the entire month of April. Sounds like fun, huh? Lauren is a referee again this season and looking forward to earning a little cash. Of course, Sierra is just along for the ride.

Lauren had her first track meet yesterday afternoon and placed 3rd in her heat of the 400 meter. She was pleased and we will go again tomorrow for the finals and relay events. She will run in the 4 x 100 and the 4 x 400 relays.

For April Fool's Day today Lauren took Oreo cookies filled with toothpaste instead of frosting. I'm anxious to find out if she has any friends left at the end of the day! She has already tried the "rubber-band-on-the-kitchen-sprayer" prank and I heard silly little April Fool's Day jokes from Mackenzie all morning. April Fool's Day always makes me a little untrusting. Luckily, Mackenzie doesn't have much of a poker face and can't wait to get the punch line out. I never really have a chance to decide whether I believe her or not before she yells "April Fool's!".

And today I registered my sweet, little Ashtyn for kindergarten next fall. She is sooo excited, but Sierra will miss her dearly. Ashtyn and Sierra have become good friends this year and really play well together most of the time. It has been a hard year for Ash though because all of her friends made the cut off and started school this year. She has been very lonely, always asking if she can play with so-and-so, who is at school. There are some really good kindergarten teachers at our school, but I have my fingers crossed that she will get one in particular. She will love kindergarten no matter what and I'm sure she will have a great year. She has been ready to go for a long time!

2 Comments:

Mia said...

I looove spring. It stinks that so many games have been rained out, but on the bright side we are out of drought conditions for the first time since March 2007 ;) I am kid of glad that Zoey has one more year of pre-school. I though I would be ready for her to go to kindergarten, but I am not.

Renee said...

Hey Kristen!!! I'm so glad you left a comment. I actually visited your blog yesterday but I didn't have time to write. Beautiful pictures, by the way. Your girls are so cute! I'm adding you to my list if that's ok. If not, just let me know.

Grace is playing soccer this season but she's only had 3 practices. Her first game is this Saturday and should be entertaining! Maybe when the weather clears up a bit we could get together and your girls could teach her some sweet moves!