4.14.2008

We Need Another Computer

My girls love to play on the computer! Ashtyn likes the Webkinz, Playhouse Disney, and Barbie sites and Sierra is content to sit and watch. Ash can play on the computer all day long if I let her. And then Lauren and Mackenzie come home from school and they need it for homework or to check their email or play their own games. Needless to say, if I want a chance it has to be during naptime, early in the morning, late at night, or while my kids are whining in my ear for their turn. Maybe it's time to invest in a 2nd computer! Anyone have any suggestion of some educational sites the little girls might like?

8 Comments:

Mia said...

No suggestions from me. I don't even let Zoey play on the computer yet, which really makes her frustrated because ALL her friends have webkinz and I am just a mean mom! I tell her that she can have computer time when I get a new computer and can hand mine down to her. Which may never happen.

Mia said...

What can I say... I am a horrible mother!!! ;)

Family said...

I love the PBS site. pbskids.org My kids are only watching that channel so it was only fitting that they only are on the PBS site. Jasea and I love Word World and Super Why and of course Seaseme street. Tagen loves Fetch ruff ruffman.

Jessie said...

I'm a PBS gal too. Funny thing your post about computers, I actually got a new computer today... hooray! (My old one is falling apart) And so I decided how to teach Jada to use my old laptop to play games on sesameworkshop.com earlier today.... she caught on so quick I couldn't believe it, and was playing games on her own! Yikes... another computer geek in the family.

Devri said...

here are some for the older and younger, I like them, cuz they teach so much as they are playing.

learningplanet.com
mbnet.net
coolmath4kids.com
eduplace.com
gameaquarium.com

go ahead fill up the brain!!!!

Devri said...

Aanya just reminded me of this cool one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/

Renee said...

We feel your pain! We need another computer as well, but haven't decided what to get yet.

As far as web sites go, I really don't know. I guess we're not about education here.

Becky said...

We use software called JumpStart, and it goes by grade. We've loved it, and it's very educational and fun. Similar to webkinz in some ways....
Question, Lydia has tried to log in to webkinz the last few days, and it's not letting us even open the website, it says error...have you had any problems?