5.11.2009

Winding Down

The school year is coming to a close (How can that be? Where did the year go?!) and I am anxious for summer to begin. We have been so busy with all of the end-of-the-year stuff and I fear that next week will be even worse. We have been plagued with field trips, mindless projects, state testing, field day, water day, and pizza parties. Whew! They need $2 for this and another $5 for that. Teacher appreciation week with gifts every day.
I'm ready for the lazy days of summer. Ready to sit at the pool with nothing else to do for hours on end. Ready to let the girls sleep in and banish the morning routine for awhile. And I'm ready for a trip to the beach! I'm looking forward to reconnecting with the girls instead of trying to carry on a little conversation while we hustle off to the next place. May 21st can't come fast enough! Summer is knocking on my door and I am ready. Bring it!

5 Comments:

Karalene said...

Whoa! Sounds just like here... but I am just x 1... so not so bad.

Stacey said...

I feel your pain and can smell the sunscreen now! Sleeping in (a little), no more car rider lines, no lunch packing......we can make it!!!

Devri said...

I can't wait!

kado! said...

LOL! I was just thinking the same thing...I have a note right here where they want me to send in $4 and a 6 pack of 1/2 pint water bottles....and they have the nerve to say, " Please do not send checks or any type of coins in bold print! that made me laugh.

Ashly said...

I totally agree!!!