1.20.2009

Happy Birthday, Lauren!


We celebrated Lauren's 14th birthday yesterday. It's hard to believe that she's 14 already. I remember being 14 and excited about attending my first church dance. She's not interested in that part at all, although she will have her first opportunity this coming Saturday. We'll see if I can talk her into going!


The kids were out of school yesterday for Martin Luther King Day. What a great birthday present for Lauren, but she didn't get to sleep in. Basketball practice at 8:oo a.m.! Then we went to see a movie. The big girls saw Mall Cop (which they really liked) and I took the 2 little ones to Hotel for Dogs, which was also a big hit. Her one request for her birthday was that we take her to see the Nashville Predators hockey game on her birthday. She invited 3 friends and we celebrated with funnel cake and Dipping Dots instead of the typical birthday cake. We had a great time, even though the Preds lost 3-1.



Lauren obviously is more sporty than girly. She loves watching all sports and playing soccer and basketball. She is a good big sister and the 3 younger ones love having her home. I depend on her to babysit and help with the younger girls . She loves to bake cookies and can throw a pretty good dinner together.

7 Comments:

Family said...

Happy Birthday Lauren! Sporty is better than Boredy!

Renee said...

Happy birthday!

Mia said...

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

Renee said...

ps. She looks just like you. Pretty!

Karalene said...

I remember that day 14 years ago. Your sweet Mom let us stay for almost 2 weeks bridging the gap between our hotel stay and availability of our home. We had an almost two year old that liked to push lots of buttons-- tv, computer. It was a really super kind act of your Mother's that you will fully understand when you have your 1st child. By the way--- you were the best baby for those 2 weeks.

Happy Birthday Lauren!

Devri said...

Sporty is me too.

Hope you had a awesome day..

14.. wow.. I have my oldest at 11.

Do you think you could fly down here and go to her maturation program with her.. I will be sick that day.

tiburon said...

Happy Birthday!!

She is a gorgeous girl :)