1.28.2009

Thankful Thursday


Mayfield Chocolate Almond Ice Cream! Nothing better at the end of a long, busy day. Especially if you can pile it high on a sugar cone. Helps me unwind and feel like I can do it all over again tomorrow.
Texting! Because most days it's the ONLY form of communication with my hubby until he walks through the front door! Sometimes even after he comes home. We'll be upgrading to an unlimited plan this month!
Surprises! This week I had some very wonderful friends bring my family dinner because I hadn't had time to cook for days. Another night our primary presidency brought me a chocolate pie after a highly stressful Sunday at church with Sierra. Even after I ditched my sweet little 4-year-old class to take said child home. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
The Minute Clinic! Mackenzie was sick again on Tuesday and since she had just finished taking an antibiotic for strep, I was sure that it hadn't cleared up. A quick trip to the Minute Clinic and I was assured this was some new virus (unless the long test comes back positive!) and she can (and will) return to school tomorrow.
A "hands-on" kinda Dad! Mark is so helpful when he comes home from work. He'll bathe the little girls, clean up after dinner, fold laundry, help with homework, and dish up my ice cream! Definitely a keeper!
Blogging! Because I love reading other peoples' blogs and realizing that my life is indeed as "normal" as it gets!
*Logo courtesy of Shark Bait

7 Comments:

Karalene said...

Oohhh! Thanks for sharing your thankful things. I need to do some thinking about what I am thankful for... I just may have to have a Thankful Thursday. I can see it being very therapeutic for me. :)

Mia said...

Ohhhh I love texting too. It is all about the unlimited texting plan ;) That was so sweet of the PP. Sorry you had a rough Sunday. I think a big fat cupcake tonight should get you through to the weekend!

Kristen said...

I would love it, but don't think I can squeeze it in tonight. I've got Lauren's bball game at 4:00, working the gate for boys varsity game at 5:00, indoor soccer games at 7:00 and 8:00, and Kenzie's basketball practice at 8:30. Dang!

Mia said...

You are one busy lady!!! I will miss you tonight, but have fun with the girls.

Stacey said...

That's a great thankful thursday list. Glad to hear you've had bright spots in your busy week! :)

Renee said...

You are so very normal! This must be the week for sick kids. I'm starting to feel like a hermit myself.

tiburon said...

Super fantastic list!!

Glad you like the logo :)