1.28.2009

Truly, Kristen's Chaos

What a crazy couple of weeks for our family! I was almost, kind of, a little bit happy about our snowless snow day today.It meant that we got to sleep in a little bit, basketball practice was cancelled, and my sweet hubby worked from home today. He even took me out to lunch! All in all, a nice, quiet day for us.
We are smack dab in the middle of basketball AND indoor soccer (we're crazy, I know!) not to mention the church basketball games on Saturday. For this week that means 3 sets of indoor soccer games, 3 middle school basketball games, a rec basketball game, and a church basketball game. Not to mention practices. Next week it gets even worse as the middle school team has 3 games during the week plus a tournament on Friday and Saturday in addition to Saturday rec and church basketball games, and 3 more indoor soccer games. We love to watch the girls play because they love it so much(and because Sierra is quite the little cheerleader), but this year I'm looking forward to the end of basketball season!

One of the biggest problems we face with Sierra is brushing her hair. To say that she hates it would be putting it mildly. She screams every morning while I practically sit on her to get it done. We don't attempt to do anything other than a ponytail, even on a good day. I have taken her for a hair cut on several unsuccessful occasions. I've tried bribing her with m & m's for breakfast, brushing it while she watches tv, telling her she needs to have "Cinderella hair", anything and everything just to get the job done. So when I saw this on sale at Target several weeks ago, I snatched it up for her birthday in March. I gave it to her today because I was so close to just chopping it all off! Of course, she loves it. It's Disney Princesses and it has lights and talks to her. She's played with it all day and tonight she asked me to "make my hair pretty" and even wanted some of Lauren's hairspray. (For the record, Lauren doesn't actually use it on her hair. She sprays the bottom of her basketball shoes with it so that they don't slip on the court! All girl, I tell ya! All girl!) Let's hope our mornings go a little smoother now! And if anyone has any tips, please share. You would think that with 4 girls I would most definitely have this problem under control, but this little angel defies all reason!

4 Comments:

Family said...

Will you let me try Sierra's hair and Jasea asked me if her friend Sierra could come over on friday and play! A date?

Kristen said...

I'd love that. You do such cute stuff with Jasea's hair. The play date sounds great too. Sierra was just talking about Jasea yesterday, but she has school everyday until 11:30.

Stacey said...

Maybe you should get her to wear hats. ;) Hehe! I think her hair always looks cute. I don't know what you are talking about. Maybe I am missing the prep work....but it looks like your princess vanity was the ticket.

Ashly said...

OH, we have the screaming fit with Mady about every other day. The funny thing is she loves deciding how her hair will be for the day, she just doesn't like the actual "doing" of it!